Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My ultimate Wishlist......

Most people must have watched the movie 'The Bucketlist' and must be wondering if this is yet another similar list..Well I do wish these things happen way before I kick the bucket..:D..Am a sports crazy guy as people who have read the blogs/known me would testify..so excuse me for the excessive number of sports related wishes in my list..!
There are quite a few things I would love to do, places I would love to visit and people I so wanna meet sometime..Here's a list..

1. Lords cricket ground in London--> Not for nothing is it known as the mecca of the game. The ground has a great history, some fantastic names and performances associated with it and almost always, the dream of every cricketer is to be able to have his name on the honours board at this great stage..



2. Wimbledon centre court--> for the sheer aura it has, the remarkable sense of theatre and classic contests and players that have graced it, nothing matches the hallowed grass of Wimbledon centre court. It would be one of my life's biggest moments if I can visit it and spend sometime there..



3. Melbourne cricket ground (MCG)--> The largest of all cricket grounds..Just facing the great stands itself can be unnerving for the finest of players..also its standing among the greatest sporting arenas in the game make it one of the places I would love to visit..



4. Old Trafford, Manchester--> Known as the 'theatre of dreams', this glorious football ground is home to the most famous team of all-- Manchester United and has left many an indelible mark in the mind of football lovers worldwide..Just to watch the Red Devils play with that massive crowd cheering will be the stuff of dreams..!



5. Eden Gardens-->India's greatest sporting venue..accommodates a massive 100000 most times and the unpredictable nature of the crowd to go with their unmatched love for the game make it a must visit place for the cricket lover..



6. Barbados- Kensington oval-- This is almost all but impossible now considering that West Indies cricket is at its nadir...IF only I could sit back in a time machine and travel a good 30 odd years and watch the mighty Calypso kings hunt down every other opponent, their fast bowlers making batsmen hop and Sobers and Richards lording over attacks the world over, wow!..that would just about make my life..!



7. People I would love to meet include Brian Lara (the biggest reason for me to start watching cricket), Shane Warne (met him though not exactly a proper meeting so to say) for the very fact that he is so larger than life.





Viv Richards just to check out that swagger and Garry Sobers to admire the astonishing natural gifts he possessed..











Roger Federer and Steffi Graf who have made tennis such a joy to watch..

8. Finally, the thing I would really love and give up anything for is to be able to go back in time to relive my school and college life with my amazing pals...Truly there has been nothing like those days and I guess practically all that can happen is meeting up with all my buddies sometime in the coming years to catch up on all the great times we shared...!







Pics: Left to Right--> High School, University of Kansas (Masters) and my college in Bangalore (M.S Ramaiah Institute of Technology)..

No comments: