Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A very strange phase....

I am without doubt going through a very strange phase in life...Though my present scenario isnt exactly something I didnt anticipate, I still never ever thought it would be quite as tough..ok! enough circumventing..lemme come to the point..I am feeling extremely LONELY and somehow seem incapable of building a new network of friends.. I have never had a struggle in making friends and have hundreds of them and most of them are friends from a long time...My people skills are something I am proud of and I have mingled with vastly different persona all these years with a great deal of ease..

Life was going very smooth until about last year when the global recession and my bad luck contrived to bring me back to India...of course I am loving the fact that I am able to spend a lot of the much yearned for time with my family who I so missed when I was in the US..But no gain comes without a price and it is quite a price-am facing a drought of friends..weird as it may sound, it is true that I am really not able to find the right set of guys I had all along..people of a similar mindset and wavelength are not to be seen around and I have also admittedly become a little more stubborn and unwilling to flex..I had an abundance of friends all these years and there were very few people who would have been blessed with such a great set of pals..

Also, I feel that me being single is another factor that augments the effect of not having a group of friends..honestly I do feel that if i did have some company in these times when I am feeling down and lonely, it would have been of great help...but again this is not the solution to the problem at hand..The right girl is a lot more than just a quick fix solution to this situation..what I do have to learn is that all these years, I was having a great time of it all and had the best of friends, but now I am at crossroads in life..and the dreaded fact that I never believed- that friends have to move on and that one cannot hope that their company is permanent is very much true..

All I can now do is try and drown myself in nostalgia and at the same time try and change myself to accept new situations and people just the same way as I did all these years and once again bring to the fore what I have always been proud of- my people skills...

No comments: